The GOP Upstate Golf Tournament will be held Monday, October 26 at River Falls in Duncan. The format will be Captains Choice with a Shotgun start at 9 a.m. The details for teams and sponsorships are in the attached brochure. Please consider playing and sponsoring. We still have several teams available. The tournament proceeds will be split between the Spartanburg and Greenville County GOP. If you know others who would be interested, please feel free to pass this information along. Thank you!
From Samuel Harms, GOP County Chairman:
The next Greenville County Executive Committee meeting will take place Monday night, Feb. 2, at 7 p.m., in the J. Verne Smith Auditorium on the campus of Greenville Tech at 506 S. Pleasantburg.
We will discuss precinct reorganization, which will take place March 2.
We will also conduct an election for the third vice-chair of the Greenville County GOP.
THIS IS A MANDATORY MEETING FOR ALL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEEMEN AND PRECINCT PRESIDENTS.
The public is invited.
There are several parties scheduled for Election Day after the polls close. Below are the ones we have learned about. If your party isn’t listed here, let us know.
- Greenville GOP will have their event at Furman University in the Younts Conference Center. It will start at 7pm. Congressman Bob Inglis is scheduled to speak to the audience.
- Spartanburg GOP will have their event at Wild Wings in Downtown Spartanburg. The event will start at 7pm.
- Spartanburg Democrats will have their event at Spartanburg Marriott at Renaissance Park [downtown] 299 North Church Street Spartanburg, SC 29306. No Time specified.
- SC GOP will have their Election Night Victory ’08 celebration at the Hilton Columbia Center’s Ballroom on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. The celebration begins at 7:00 PM.
Event is being held in conjunction with Senator Lindsey Graham’s re-election campaign, Congressman Joe Wilson’s re-election campaign, and other local Republican candidates.
- Shane Martin will host an Election Party at Basils Grille from 6:30pm-10pm. Come join us in waiting for the Election results! Feel free to Drop- in or have Dinner!
- Table 301 – A fine dining restaurant group will be having 2 for 1 drink specials in downtown Greenville. You must have your “I Voted Sticker” to get the specials. The Restaurants include: (The Lazy Goat, Soby’s, Restaurant O, Devereaux’s)
I have received a copy of the police report that was filed today at the Greenville Tech University campus against Mr. Doug Wavel.
According to Mr. Frank, he attempted to contact Mr. Wavel on August 5th and 6th to try and settle the issue, but his phone call was never returned.
Mr. Frank stated (paraphrased) that not many people liked Mr. Wavel and his antics.
We don’t need Hitler neo-nazi Republicans. We need more old school Republicans.
It will be interesting to follow this further. Hopefully tomorrow I can make contact with Mr. Wavel and hear what he has to say about the situation.
Greenville GOP vs Bob Conley
Bob Conley and a group of supporters (Beltram is NOT one of them) showed up at the Greenville County GOP Executive Committee Meeting last night. Let’s just say the meeting became a rules showdown between Greenville Doug Wavel and Cherokee County GOP member Brian Frank.
Last night, members of the executive committee meeting were reminded of the rules regarding the immediate vacancy of seats. Short point…If you are publicly campaigning or endorsing a member of another party, you immediately lose your post.
Brian Frank and others have decided that Bob Conley (a supposed Ron Paul supporter) is more conservative than Lindsey Graham. Mr. Frank decided to try and get Mr. Conley’s message across to the GOP during the new business session (Mr. Conley had left the auditorium, but was greeting folks outside). His argument was that he was more conservative and that the people are conservative before they are republicans.
Many points of order came to be stopping the onslaught of pro-Conley monologue and a motion was finally called for adjournment.
The final point to Mr. Wavel’s argument was that we had a nominating process, Greenville county disagreed with Mr. Graham on several issues, but he overwhelmingly won the state and Mr. Graham is who we will support.
On another note, after the censure resolution in Greenville last year, individuals came to Spartanburg and tried to pass it. Will the Conley gang show up in Spartanburg?
Spartanburg’s Executive Committee meeting will be on August 25th at Fuddruckers. Considering the show last night, I may have to take my video camera to see what happens.
Police Report Filed from GOP Fiasco
Here is video of one of the many confrontations between Doug Wavel and Brian Frank.