Inglis Heckled / Heckles at Town Hall
And this time it was not by me!
If anything, Inglis heckled me at an after meeting which I was personally invited to. It didn’t bother me, I thought it was rather amusing to have him attack me, I feel honored. Thanks Congressman Inglis!
Over 350 people turned out in Boiling Springs last night to let Congressman Inglis know what they think about health care…and him. The mainstream media is claiming that the Republican party is pushing these individuals out in mass or that it is the party activists turning out in large numbers, but I would have to disagree. I would be willing to say that only, ONLY, 5% of the crowd in attendance were party activists.
For those of us who attend his meetings regularly, we heard the same talking points. I have heard the same things come from him since 2006, when I first started attending his meetings. You know, the government pays for first $2000 of you medical bills, you pay the next $2000, then the government picks up everything over $4000. The 5 points to immigration. I’m sure I have listed them somewhere on The Conservativist but here they are on his website.
And before anyone claims I was not involved in 2006, you are partially right. I attended my first Town Hall meeting at the Spartanburg County Library that August. I vividly remember one individual jokingly tell me “you are to young to be here, this is supposed to be for us old folks.” Bob, this was the one when you were asked about military entitlements and you did not know what they were. This was also the same meeting where you fought against an increase in the minimum wage (I’m proud of you on that one!) and the Hydrogen “H-Prize”. What happened to that anyways?
In regards to the August 2009 meeting, I will share a few things that Congressman Bob Inglis told the crowd. In an attempt to not be scurrilous, I will leave out my opinion. Feel free to comment freely
- At one point in the evening, Inglis stated his biggest problem in the bill was the clause for abortion.
- Inglis stated “Any time government competes with the private sector, the private sector looses.”
- Congressman Inglis admitted on Monday August 3rd, 2009 that he had not read H.R. 3200. Again on August 6th, he stated he had not read the bill yet. Inglis did state that he would “skim through the sections that he did not agree with”.
- Someone in the crowd shouted “Skimming’s not good enough Bob!”
- Inglis stated that the people should quit listening to individuals who are inciting fear in the public…Glenn Beck
- Congressman Inglis defended President Obama in the turmoil concerning Professor Gates. Claimed that Glenn Beck’s comments were “racist” but Obama’s response was not.
- Claimed TARP was working and the people were getting the money back with interest.
- Congressman Inglis argued with one group over “What rights are you losing?”, as if to say they had not lost any.
- Inglis is o.k. with President Obama’s 40+ czars because George H.W. Bush had a few.
- Defended his vote to mandate CFL light bulbs.
- Accused Christina Jeffrey of inciting fear and harboring the peoples fear in her campaign.
So, with my opinion aside, please, tell us what you think about the Congressman, his positions, and his performance last night.
Inglis Faces Rowdy Crowd at Meeting – The Herald Journal